What We Believe and Teach:
Word of Grace Motto -
Word of Grace Mission Statement -
Word of Grace Core Values -
Word of Grace Doctrinal Statements -
Word of Grace’s Definition of Marriage -
The Word of Grace……..Making Disciples
The Word of Grace’s mission is to reach the lost and mature Christians so that they
can make disciples and provide a church fellowship that has sound doctrine, fellowship,
observance of church ordinances, prayer, mutual support, worship and praise. Matthew
Telephone: 713 728-
FAX: 713 728-
Location and Mailing Address: 5532 Grapevine Houston, Texas 77085
Electronic Mail: General Information: email@example.com
Web site: www.wogmbc.org
Eight Core Values (based on Mission Statement verses):
The doctrinal position of the Word of Grace is historically that of conservative Christianity. The Word of Grace rests firmly upon the integrity and inerrancy of the Holy Scriptures and, therefore, wholeheartedly accepts the basic doctrines of the historic Protestant Christian faith. Below are our basic doctrinal beliefs which we believe and teach.
1) Every word in the original writings of the Holy Scriptures is inspired of God and without error (2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Pet. 1:21; 1 Cor. 2:13).
The Godhead (Trinity)
2) The Godhead exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one God (Gen. 1:1; Jn. 10:30, 4:24; Deut. 6:4; Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14).
3) Man was created in the image and likeness of God, but in Adam all mankind fell into sin with the result that all men are sinners, hopelessly sinful in themselves, apart from the grace of God (Gen. 1:27, 9:6; Rom. 5:12, 3:23; Eph. 2:1).
4) The Eternal Son of God became incarnate in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is true
God and true man, having been born of the virgin Mary (Jn. 1:1, 14, 18; Matt. 1:21-
5) Salvation is received by faith alone in Christ, who died in substitutionary sacrifice
for our sins and rose again (Acts 4:12; 13:38, 39; 1 Cor. 15:1-
Sanctification of the Believer
6) Every true believer is promised positional and ultimate sanctification with the possibility of progressive development in life spiritually (progressive sanctification) (Heb. 10:10, 14; Jn. 17:17; Eph. 5:26, 27; 1 Thess. 4:3, 4; 1 Jn. 3:2).
Eternal Security of Believer
7) All who are born of the Spirit through faith in Christ can have the assurance of salvation and are eternally secure in Christ (Rom. 5:1; Jn. 3:5, 6; 1 Jn. 5:13; Jn. 10:28, 29; 17:12; 2 Tim. 1:12).
The Holy Spirit
8) The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the Godhead, who regenerates, indwells,
baptizes and seals all true believers in Christ and fills those yielded to God (Matt.
28:19; Jn. 1:13; 3:3-
9) The Church, embracing all true believers, is the body and bride of Christ, formed by the baptism of the Holy Spirit (Eph. 1:22, 23; 5:24, 25, 30; 1 Cor. 12:12, 13, 27).
10) Christians are called to a holy life of service and testimony in the power of
the Holy Spirit, which service includes the propagation of the Gospel message to
the whole world. There is promised reward in heaven for faithfulness in such service
(1 Pet. 1:15, 16; Jn. 12:25, 26; Acts 1:8; 1 Cor. 3:12-
11) The scriptural ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper are for all true believers
in Christ (Matt. 28:19, 20; Mk. 16:15, 16; Acts 8:12, 36-
Angels (Demons, Satan)
12) Angels were originally created holy but now exist as unfallen and fallen including
Satan (Col. 1:16; Neh. 9:6; Ps. 143:2-
13) God has revealed different dispensations or stewardships with corresponding rules
of life, of which the present dispensation is the age of grace (Eph. 3:2-
Return of Christ and End of the Age
14) The imminent return of the Lord, which is the blessed hope of the Church, is
to be followed in order by: the tribulation; the establishment of the reign of Christ
on earth for one thousand years; the eternal state of punishment for the unsaved
and the eternal state of blessing for the saved (Titus 2:13; 1 Thess. 1:10; 4:13-
Position and Biblical Definition of “Marriage”
The Word of Grace Missionary Baptist Church appreciates and values God’s gift of marriage between man and woman that God created in His own image. As a church providing our members with a biblical worldview, the Word of Grace M.B.C. fully believes what the Bible says about marriage and operates according to that faith commitment.
We abide by Jesus’ teaching on marriage when He said, “Have you not read that He
who created them from the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE, 5 and said, 'FOR THIS
REASON A MAN SHALL LEAVE HIS FATHER AND MOTHER AND BE JOINED TO HIS WIFE, AND THE
TWO SHALL BECOME ONE FLESH'? 6 "So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore
God has joined together, let no man separate" (Matthew 19:4b-
(Adopted from the College of Biblical Studies’ definition of Marriage)